Monday 30 September 2013

The Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum; Shade 53
I was quite skeptic at giving this foundation a go up until last week, when I finally gave in and decided to jump on the bandwagon with other bloggers. And I'm so glad I did.

Smell
The first thing which is highly noticeable is the smell. It's infused with vitamin-rich fruits, including goji berries, lychee and pomegranate, and the smell is quite strong, but savory. Normally I don't like makeup that smells due fear of breaking out, however this one claims to be hypoallergenic, and so far there are no signs of any spots at all.

Colour
My skin is in between neutral with cool undertones, therefore finding a foundation that's a perfect match can prove to be a challenge. However, I can safely say this is the only foundation that I've found to fit my skin tone perfectly (I'm a shade 53). Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is quite yellow-toned, therefore easier to match than other foundations.

Texture
Texture-wise I would say it's very runny due to being a serum, and it blends really well. I apply it with the Real Techniques Buffing or Expert brush, depending on the amount of coverage I want, although I would say it's quite light in that department. I'm not sure about the statement of giving a semi-matte finish, as I do find I need to apply some powder to my t-zone. However, it does not have that overly dewy finish you'd expect from a serum, thus it's also good for oily skin types.
Longevity
On the bottle it says "16 hrs radiance-boosting even, revived complexion" - if there is a foundation that actually lasts for 16 hours, please let me know as this is a bit farfetched, but I do agree with the latter. It does even out my skin tone perfectly, as I do have a tendency to get redness in certain areas.

Overall
I would give this gel foundation a 9/10 as it completely exceeded my expectations. It's texture is perfect for winter skin, which has a tendency to get drier. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing any makeup at all as it doesn't tighten my skin like certain foundations do. The lasting power is wonderful considering it is a gel, and most importantly, it covers any redness or unevenness of the skin. For €15.80, I would definitely repurchase this as an every day foundation.

8 comments:

  1. Dang: I wish I could find this in my town! Sounds pretty awesome.

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely! You can order it from asos :) x

      Delete
  2. i love Bourjois healthy:*)

    maybe we can follow each other??:*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely, I really want to try this now, I hope they have a shade suitable for my super pale skin, haha :) xxx
    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They go down to shade 51, and I think it will suit you cos it is pale :)

      x

      Delete
  4. sounds lovely. . i'm very curious
    maybe we can follow each other? www.sandicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete