Monday 11 November 2013

THE REVIEW: AHAVA Time to Hydrate Hydration Cream Mask
























In yesterday's comeback post I mentioned that I've been using a new hydrating mask which has been a savior for my skin lately. As promised, here's the review!

AHAVA Time to Hydrate Hydration Cream Mask made it into my shopping bag as soon as I read "... including sensitive skin". I'm quite apprehensive about trying out new masks out of fear that they would not suit my skin type, especially if they come with a price tag. I tend to look for ones that include sensitive skin in their description - that way I know that there's a high chance that I won't be disappointed.

AHAVA's cream mask can also be used as an overnight intensive treatment, which I do once every week. Since the texture is quite thick (it does say cream mask), you only need a small amount to massage into your face. A little goes a long way. I use this mask twice a week, usually on Wednesdays and Sundays. This reminds me of the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, which I still need to get my hands on when I come to London.

BeautyBay is right in saying that this mask keeps your skin "unbelievably soft and smooth" - my skin is left feeling like a baby's bottom. Not my intention to leave you all imagining baby bum cheeks, but let's carry on.  AHAVA Time to Hydrate mask is supplemented with mineral skin osmoter complex and glycoproteins. From what I remember from Biology class, the osmoter complex is involved in a process called osmosis, which has to do with transporting water in and out of cells. Without getting into more science, it's how this mask helps to keep the skin even more hydrated. It's one of the most luxurious products I've ever used, replacing my previous Michael Todd Avocado & Mango Hydrating Facial Mask.

If I'm not leaving it overnight, I keep it on my face for 15 minutes, then remove the product with a lukewarm muslin cloth.

Would I repurchase? I will be trying out the Origins Drink Up Intensive mask after this - the product is too hyped to let it slide by. However, as soon as I run out, I will be having this in my cabinet again. Hands down.

5 comments:

  1. this sounds great:)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds perfect for me, I have sensitive skin too and need something calming! x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it - I always look forward to using it!

      x

      Delete
  3. I tried this and it reacted terribly to my skin :(
    Sucks having sensitive skin

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! & this says that it's suitable for sensitive skin - sorry to hear that :/ x

      Delete