Saturday 11 January 2014

THE REVIEW: Bourjois 1 2 3 Perfect Foundation








Bourjois have really stepped up their game in foundations, and nothing less can be said for their recently launched 1 2 3 Perfect foundation. After running out of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (review here), I was torn between repurchasing it, or trying out another foundation from the brand. In the end, I ended up getting the 123 Perfect in the shade 53 (Light beige / Beige clair).

What it promises

It claims to have three correcting pigments to combat the following flaws:

1. Yellow pigments: to cover dark circles
2. Mauve pigments: to brighten up the overall complexion
3. Green pigments: to cover any redness

Funnily enough, I do notice that I do not need to apply a huge amount of concealer under my eyes. And believe me when I say my dark under-eye circles are quite prominent without any make up. However, I do find that I need to re-apply some more concealer on my nose to cover any remaining redness that this concealer does not quite cover. On the other hand, it does provide an overall, healthy glowing complexion.

Texture

Compared to the Healthy Mix Serum, 1 2 3 Perfect is much less runny, and a slightly bit more product is required to achieve optimum coverage. Despite giving an overall radiance, this foundation is not dewy at all. In fact, it is more of a matte finish, and the glow appears to be coming more from within.

Colour

Like all other Bourjois foundation, the colour range of 1 2 3 Perfect is not one of the best. It is quite limited, ranging from 51-56/58... not quite sure whether they go up to 56 or 58. Obviously that end is too dark for me. I'm a shade 53 Light Beige with all Bourjois foundations. Luckily, this colour blends perfectly with my skin colour.

As mentioned, I suffer from dark circles and a slight redness, and I find that this foundation resolves these 'dilemmas' quite effectively.

Longetivity

Bourjous claim that their foundations last for 16 hours - I have never tried testing this statement out as I always deep cleanse my face at the end of the day. However, upon arriving home after a whole day running around University, I do find that the product is still intact, with any imperfections pleasantly hidden away.

Packaging

The glass bottle appears more luxurious than the plastic one of the Healthy Mix Serum. The pump makes it easier and less messier to apply the product. It also prevents using excess, preventing waste or a cakey-looking face. Although cakiness is quite impossible to achieve with this product.

Overall

I would definitely repurchase this once I run out, and it is safe to say that I prefer it over the Healthy Mix Serum. I have sensitive normal to dry skin in winter, and normal to combination in summer. So far, this has worked magic against my skin. For €16.95 it is a bit on the pricey side for a drugstore foundation, but considering the quality and benefits of it, it is worth every penny.

6 comments:

  1. I am curious to see if we have this product here in Canada, because I have a similar type of foundation, but pay through the nose for it!
    Lovely blog.

    haggardlibrary.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out! It's worth the pennies, and it doesn't break the bank ;)

      x

      Delete
  2. love the blog, its really easy to read and straight to the point:)

    new blogger, would love if you could check out the couple of posts iv don't and let me know what you think <3
    http://chloewillis1000.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment :) Will definitely check your blog out!

      x

      Delete
  3. Nice :) <3 Do you want to check my blog? --> xxzuuzaxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete