Monday 23 September 2013

Back 2 School: Essentials

Today was the first day for those going to primary and secondary school. Those who will be starting college or university still have another week in waiting. While some may be dreading next Monday, others may be looking forward to it *raises hand*.

Around two weeks ago I did a Back 2 School Wish List and you guys seemed to enjoy reading it, so for this week I'll be extending the Back 2 School series.




How many times have you searched for something in your bag and couldn't find it? We've all been there. To avoid this, I have compiled a list of the essentials which should find themselves in your bag. 

Accessorize Postcard makeup bag*
I got this makeup bag last year during the Accessorize sale. I actually wanted the laptop case in this print, however they sold out before I could get my hands on one. Although it's quite big, it fits my stuff perfectly;-

I got this as a gift when I spent €50 at the Boux Avenue shop in Sliema. Since last winter, I've never been found without a hand cream in my bag. With amber, peony and rose, this hand cream has a strong floral smell to it, while helping to keep my paws soft.

I bought this leave-in conditioner in a travel size on purpose. With this everywhere with me, you're hardly to see me with dry hair any time soon. 

This cream is targeted at very dry areas. Around a year ago I purchased it to treat my dry hands, thinking I had those of a gardener. Obviously it wasn't working because my hands weren't that dry, but I found it to work perfectly on my elbows. 

Hair grips, hair ties & GHD mirror
... for obvious reasons. Just keep the ties and grips away from the person that always asks for them. There is always someone.

"IT SOOTHES. IT RELIEVES. IT MOISTURIZES." It does exactly what it says.

Moving out of my makeup bag...

AquaSan Hand Sanitiser
This anti-bacterial alcohol gel is a must-have. After getting off the bus, after sitting for an hour or so in the lecture theatre... don't even think of touching your face, or your food, before slapping this on your paws. 

Compact Wet Wipes
With their peachy scent, these wipes are sure to get rid of the smell of food from your hands. No one needs to know you had tuna for lunch.

Tissues
You still find those people who ask others for this stuff. Come on!

Nivea 48h Invisible Anti-Persperant Deodorant Spray
Not the most practical size, but they do smaller versions of these. And 48 hours of lasting power? I've never encountered any sort of product that lasted that long, but it does its job for the day.

Wrigley's Orbit White Chewing Gums
I've got mine in the 'fruity' flavour. Pop one of these after lunch, or whenever you feel your breath's not at its freshest.

All Bran Chocolate Bar
I always like to keep a snack at hand. You never know when you feel like nibbling something, and you might be unable to slip in to the canteen. While the flavour range of these bars is limited, you can substitute with nuts, or anything of your choice.

Accessorize London Notebook*
It's the first time I'll be keeping a personal notebook at hand this year at university. I've been doing it lately, and found that it's best for jotting down random ideas that come to mind. I'll be having a separate notebook to write down any homework or assignments, which I will be collecting from the KSU stand next week during Fresher's.

Laptop
It's very unlikely that I attend lectures without my Macbook Pro. I use it to take down my lecture notes, as it's quicker to keep up with lecturers. Also, it comes in handy to kill time during your frees. 

Pencil Case
This is not in the picture as I still need to buy it. I will be looking for a long, slim one that's easy to fit in most bags, rather than the bulky one I carried around last year.

Do you have any other essentials you would add to the list? Let me know!


Happy shopping! :)


* These haven't been restocked and I couldn't find any links.



2 comments:

  1. Hello dear! I am your new follower) Hope you follow me back, it would be great!)

    http://fancyshot.blogspot.ru/

    Keep in touch!)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog!!
    just followed you! keep in touch!

    www.fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete