Monday 28 October 2013

MODELS OWN Pinky Brown





As we ease into the colder months, I tend to reach for darker, 'more appropriate' autumn shades. This MODELS OWN nail polish in Pinky Brown from the Beetlejuice collection always makes the cut. Unfortunately, ModelsOwn have stopped shipping to Malta for reasons I'm not aware of, but last year I managed to place my order without any obstacles.

MODELS OWN nail polishes do what they say in the description. They are long lasting and hardwearing indeed - this has been on my nails since Saturday evening, and there aren't any signs of chipping yet. I did need to apply three coats before the colour came out fully opaque, however the drying time is amazing. I always seal my nail polish with the Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Anti-Chip top coat, which does help in reducing the drying time. But excluding the top coat, these polishes do not need more than five minutes to set. This beauty changes shade in different light - the main colour is purple, but it does have some orange and bronze undertones. 

Since this is glittery, extra care needs to be taken when removing the polish. The ideal way is to soak a cotton pad in nail polish remover and press it to your nails for around one minute. Then rub the remaining product.

What are your favourite autumn/winter nail polishes?

2 comments:

  1. I found that models own nail varnish chips so easily but I am so in love with this colour! Might have to order myself one :)

    http://languageofbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always apply top coat on top, so I don't know if that does the trick! But I found that they last quite well. The colour is gorgeous - they have amazing ranges :) x

      Delete