Tuesday 8 October 2013

A/W Makeup: Eyes

A while back I was not one that thought of makeup in terms of seasons. Not that I do so strictly now, but it's nice to actually play around and see what suits you. While in summer we tend to shift towards the cooler, more vibrant tones, winter time is perfect to experiment with darker colours. 

If you are in need of revamping your makeup bag, here are some bits and blobs which I think are worth investing in. Today, we'll be tackling those peepers...

POP Brighten Up Your Life Palette in Smokin Hot - €20.17

This palette contains matte and glittery shades, therefore it's perfect for both daytime and evening. The colours are perfect for autumn, and you can apply them with a damp brush to intensify the pigmentation.

















While bronzey-brown eyeshadow looks great with all eye colours, it's especially suited for the blue-eyed folks.


Purpley and reddish shades are a nice alternative to brown-toned eyeshadow for those with brown eyes. While wearing such shades on the eyes can sound terrifying, finding the right shade can prevent you from looking dull, or worse, like you have allergy eyes.


Cheaper alternatives that are worth investing in are the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks. My favourites are Bulletproof Beige and Bad Bronze (at €5.84 each), which go perfectly well blended together. 




Little pots I can't wait to get my hands on are the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24H Cream Eyeshadow in And On Bronze and Metallic Pomegranate. I believe they are around the €10 mark in Malta, which is quite expensive compared to the UK (£4.99 each). However, I've heard nothing but good things about them, so hopefully they would be worth investing in.

I know, I know, this is cheating. A multi-purpose palette featured in an 'eyes' post. But I just couldn't resist. Although it looks expensive at first glance, this NARS palette would be a gem to invest in. Considering the prices of NARS eyeshadows and blushes, this palette is a fairly good price. It consists of four eyeshadows (All About Eve, Nouveau Monde, Bellisima & Condura), a blush in Deep Throat and the famous bronzer in Laguna. With all these products, it would be the perfect palette for travelling.

Do you own any of the above products? Are there any others which you think are worth investing in? Leave your A/W must-haves in the comments below. In the mean time, keep your peepers open for A/W lips and cheeks.

5 comments:

  1. I love Nars products but I don't have any of these palettes! I love the look of the eyeshadow sets... might have to invest in those <3
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look lovely! I so want the 'At First Sight' palette - might invest in it when I go to London.

      x

      Delete
  2. I dont have any of the Nars products but am thinking I may need to get some! :) They look so lovely!

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely bog <3!

    Lets follow each other in GFC, Bloglovin and FB :)

    Kindly let me know where all you are following and I will return the favor :D

    ReplyDelete