Monday 1 September 2014

Achieving the Perfect Base



Although flawless skin starts with the right skincare, all can be improved with the following make up steps. 


Step 1: Primer
In all honesty, I have never got into the whole primer thing. However, on a recent trip to The Body Shop I picked up their All-In-One InstraBlur after hearing nothing but positive reviews on YouTube. It is supposed to minimize pores and control shine, which I find the latter to be a bit of a problem in summer. Furthermore, a primer is supposed to extend the make up wear due to acting as a base for the foundation to hold on to.

Step 2: Foundation / Tinted Moisturizer
The lighter, the better. I cannot get my hands on the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers from Malta, therefore I opt for the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in shade 53 Light Beige, which I find stands between a tinted cream and a foundation.

Step 3: Concealer
I am aware that concealer is often considered as the second step before the foundation / tinted moisturizer. However, I find that there is no use applying it before as it just gets dragged on with the brush to the rest of your face. Applying it on the foundation using your (clean) ring finger keeps it in place. I am currently using the Revlon ColorStay Concealer in 03 Light Medium.

Step 4 (Optional): Powder
For those with combo/oily skin may find the need to apply powder to blot away the shine. I usually do so in summer, lightly applying powder on my t-zone and concealer.

Step 5: Contouring
Achieving the right contour for your face requires time and practice. The best way to learn is to watch video tutorials of your trusted beauty subscribers, or find specific videos related to applying bronzer and highlighter. I find the Sleek Face Contour Duo Kit in Light very handy, especially for travel. The bronzer is quite matte, and the shimmering highlighter helps to add to that natural glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment