Tuesday 2 September 2014

THE BODY SHOP Favourites


So I have to admit that I have gone a little bit overboard with The Body Shop products in the past few months. Not that I did not buy from the shop before, but I never had my favourites that I keep re-purchasing once they run out. That was until I started giving extra care to my body.
While there are products that I will not be re-purchasing, such as anything from the shea collection (too nutty and fetid for me), there are those that have become a staple in my bodycare collection.

Pink Grapefruit Collection
I never thought of myself as a citrus-sy person, until one of the salesgirl recommended the Pink Grapefruit Body Sorbet. The texture is quite different to a normal moisturizer, and it is nowhere as thick as the The Body Shop's body butters. It is however, fast absorbing and leaves your skin feeling fresh.
With the scent being so energizing and vigorous, I went ahead and purchased the Pink Grapefruit Eau de Toilette and Cleanse Gel. Wanting an everyday budget-friendly perfume for university days, this light and casual EDT is right up my street. Being perfect for travel, I have become quite obsessed with using the Sweet Lemon Hand Cleanse when I am out and about. Campus days are no exception. Except I went for the Pink Grapefruit scent instead.

Why do the best products end up being discontinued?! This scrub is nowhere to be found at any of The Body Shop stores in Malta, so when I saw the last four lying around at their Till Late branch at the Malta International Airport I had to grab one. I was tempted to get all four, but it is not the cheapest of scrubs therefore I had to restrain myself. I was using the Wild Argan Oil Body Scrub, and will get back to it once I run out of this. It is not as good, but it is the closest I have found.

Lets disregard the packaging and not let it effect our perception of the product. I can never get along with any of The Body Shop scrubs, especially the gritty, sugary ones. They never seem to do it for me. I end up wasting most of it in the bath due to falling off my skin. But not this one. The texture is quite gel-like and ain't as scrubby as the rest. I apply with a pair of bath gloves, and I could just keep scrubbing until the cows come home.

Peppermint Foot Rescue and Scrub
I cannot imagine my feet without these two products. I use the Peppermint Soothing Foot Scrub every other day, followed by the Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue.

The scrub is very gritty, opposite to what I would want on my body. However, I tend to get hard skin from walking around the house bare-footed during the summer therefore I need something intense. I scrub away using the foot file on my soles and heels. One side is firmer than the other so one could alternate depending on how dry and hard the skin is.

After drying my feet I follow with the Intensive Foot Rescue and put on a pair of cotton socks to help the cream soak in. The peppermint scent is uplifting and it almost feels as if it is letting your skin breathe. Literally. I usually do this if I am staying in to avoid removing the socks for maximum moisture and absorption.


Do you have any Body Shop favourites? Feel free to share in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I loooove the Body Shop, their body butters are incredible for my dry skin! I really like their Tea Tree range, and the Seaweed products as well - the Ionic Clay mask is a favourite. Fab post!! I think I need to try the Peppermint Foot Scrub :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried their Tea Tree range yet, but I saw a cleanser and mask especially for blemishes which I may need to get hold of! The peppermint range is amazing! :)

      X

      Delete