Friday 27 June 2014

What I Wore: Monochrome, Tribals & World Cup at Valletta


First off, excuse the quality of the photos - they were taken late at night and with my mobile phone.

I don't usually wear black, and up to two months ago the probability of finding more than two black pieces in my wardrobe would have been equivalent to spotting flying pigs. However, I have recently started building my 'black' collection, as you can see from my outfit of last night. We went to Valletta to watch the World Cup game that was on for the evening while enjoying a glass/pint or two of wine and beer. The football fever was on at Naufragio bar, having festooned the street stairs with pillows representing different countries.

I decided to keep it quite simple with the colour scale shifting mostly towards black. To make the outfit pop, I wore a pair of mint pumps. I bought these shoes on a whim during my lunch break as I immediately envisioned them brightening up a plain outfit. Yes, my definition of 'plain' does involve some kind of pattern as long as the main colour is black. I find I am quite picky with tribal prints as apart from being an earthly pattern, they are a representation of the African culture, therefore it has to be right.

Top: Zara
Trousers: River Island
Shoes: Suite Blanco
Mini satchel: Primark
Necklace: River Island

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely:)
    Following you via GFC,hope you'll do the same:)

    ReplyDelete