Thursday 5 June 2014

Summer Morning Makeup Routine

Most of us already have four to five steps in our morning beauty regime, and the last thing we need is to add further layers when we know we're going to be sweating 15 minutes later. However, summer brings with it the need to slap on a good SPF - in all honesty, it should be applied all-year round but we can get away with SPF makeup in winter [blame it on Caroline Hirons]. 

Personally I like to keep it all natural and down to the minimum in summer. Here is what I will be having in my makeup bag ready for grabs.


Summer Morning Look


1. A High SPF BB/CC Cream
This will be my first go at BB and CC creams. I am kinda late to jump on the bandwagon, I know, but personally I have never seen the point in these. I have been a loyal buyer of the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation (going through my third bottle) and did not feel the need to add this extra step before my foundation, or to use it as a substitute. The reason I may convert is because of this Vichy SPF 50 BB cream. High protection and a subtle tint? Yes please

2. Waterproof Macara
No one ever said panda eyes were the look to sport, therefore waterproof mascara is key. I happen to be loving the MaxFactor False Lash Effect at the moment, and will probably go on to buy the waterproof version when it runs out. I find it does a good job at separating the lashes, leaving them looking natural.

3. A Natural-Looking / Sheer Lipstick
The reason I have included two types of lip products, which both happen to be from Bourjois, is because it depends whether my lips decide to go all chapped or not. I tend to suffer from dry lips irrespective of whether it is winter or summer, and I have not yet found a way around it. Until I do I just keep switching between different types of lip products, avoiding lip crayons when my lips are dry and opting for something a bit more moisturizing, like these high shine lipsticks. I still have not had a go at Bourjois Colour Boost Lipsticks, but if they are anything like the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains I would leave them for when my lips are all smooth.

What products will you be using for your summer morning makeup? Do you have any holy grails that you cannot part with summer after summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment