Wednesday 4 June 2014

Favourites from Malta Fashion Week 2014

Considering I am still suffering from post-fashion week symptoms, I have decided to do another related post which will also be my last covering Malta Fashion Week 2014. Below are some of the garments that stood out prominently, in my opinion of course, over others. Saying this, it does not mean that I did not like the other brands or clothing - it is just that I actually see myself wearing the pieces below.

Creative Factory 7 // Dress - Front

- Back

I instantly fell in love with this dress when I saw the model sporting it down the runway. I am not sure about the material on the back, I think I would prefer it without it for a cocktail night out, but if it were for a wedding it would be perfect as it is. 

Ritienne Zammit // Outfit

I just love the whole outfit. However I would probably wear the pieces separately for a more toned-down look. The cropped top and necklace would look great with black skinny ankle grazers.

Marco Parascandalo // KEMM INĦOBB Tee
Photography by Bernard Polidano

It's about time that there are tees with Maltese slogans on them! And who cares if they're menswear? I just have not decided which slogan I want, yet.

Fransina // Vintage-looking Bag
Photography by Eva Ferriere Photography


I enjoyed Fransina's whole bag collection from The New Designers' Show. It was composed of inspired 1950s bags that are wearable and adapted for different occasions.

Charles & Ron // Laser-Cut Top & Skirt

Charles & Ron // Sweater and Bag
Photography by Bernard Polidano

Forget dresses for weddings! I would wear the C&R laser-cut top and skirt outfit to every wedding, in a row. 
Okay maybe not in a row... but it does break the rut of always opting for dresses. I would have everything from the C&R collection if I could, but tried to restrain myself from flooding the whole page with their clothes. The City in a collection?! Best not get started again on how impressed I was with this collection.

Joan Isioma Okorodudu // Outfit
Photography by Kurt Paris

Sally Bawa // Dress
Photography by Kurt Paris

The last two outfits were showcased during the last Fashion Show on Friday - The New Designers' Show which unfortunately I did not attend. However, I had a look at some of the photos taken that night, and these two outfits particularly stood out.

No comments:

Post a Comment