Wednesday 7 May 2014

MINK: Printing Your Own Makeup (WHAT?!)

 

So... I came across this video on Business Insider and did not know what to think. Grace Choi, a Harvard student, basically claims to have found a way to never buy a single product from the beauty industry ever again. 

Mink is a 3D home printer that allows you to print the colours of any makeup (eyeshadow, blushers, lipsticks, foundations...) immediately after seeing them. Through watching a YouTube video, one can copy the code from the makeup item in the video and take it over to Photoshop and work the 'magic'.

However, one thing that concerns me is that there is no talk of quality. I am assuming that the quality is nowhere near the makeup purchased from well-established brands, although Choi claims the powder to be FDA-approved.

Personally, I think I would prefer to stick continuing buying products from my favourites brands for now.





What are you thoughts on this new creation? Would you consider purchasing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment