Sunday 4 May 2014

Event: ALDO SS14 Launch




On Wednesday 30th I attended my first launch ever, that being of ALDO Spring/Summer 14 at Tigne Point, Sliema. The event, which was for bloggers and esteemed customers, was very well-organised and welcoming, with a variety of wines and delicious cake pops waiting to greet the guests. I attended with a close friend of mine, who also happens to an ALDO colleague. Offers on the evening consisted of a 30% off your purchase, or 3 for 2 on full-priced items. I restrained myself from making big purchases, however I did manage to get my hands on some things which I have been meaning to buy. Keep on reading to see what I got!

The ALDO's Spring/Summer trends are 3D Energy, Fly Society and Primal Journey.

3D Energy
Being all about the city life, bold and urban designs dominate this category. With block colours and geometric prints like stripes, tribal and contrasting soles, materials include leather, laser perforation, mesh and shiny or matte surfaces.

Fly Society
This screams status and upper class, but anyone can pull this off really. With pastels and metallics, this is also focuses heavily on textures including leather, snake prints and canvas.

Primal Journey
As you can guess from the name, Primal Journey is inspired by nature, therefore it is all about the neutral colour scheme with earthly colours like browns, tans, off-whites. Most consisted of woven fabric, cork and rope, exotic tropical and animal prints.

Some photos I managed to take, although not many due to the number of people in the shop.








What I bought:

A statement necklace that I managed to find on sale, and above the knuckle rings.
What I wore:


Top: Topshop
Trousers: River Island
Bag: Primark
Necklace: River Island

2 comments:

  1. love ur style.... & the aldo collection... wanna support each other
    FOLLOW via GFC ,Twitter & fb if u like my style too, I'll follow right bk
    https://www.blogger.com/follow-blog.g?blogID=1403248544690995556#pageelements
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Doll-Up/311964958837534
    https://twitter.com/richariu
    I'll follow right bk

    ReplyDelete