Wednesday 29 January 2014

Makeup Bag Makeover for SPRING

True true - Spring is still two months away, but I cannot help not getting exciting about the changes I am gonna be making in my makeup bag. Also, this wish list will help me make wiser purchases rather than just go bonkers over makeup stands, or worse, clicking away.

This spring is going to be all about cheeks and lips for me. I have never been much of a fan of eye makeup, but I have been trying to make an effort this winter, although I have almost always ended up with natural smokey eyes.

Completely unnecessary, but I have fallen in LOVE with this Ted Baker makeup bag. It just screams 'SPRING'.



I am gonna try and get into primers more in the coming season, and I have already set us on this Bourjois Happy Light Illuminating primer. Spring won't be boiling in Malta, therefore I can afford to have glowy skin. Plus, it would look healthier coming out of winter, which tends to dry out the skin. To warm up the look, add some bronzer to the cheeks. For morning, I prefer to apply bronzer with a kabuki brush to give an overall glow. For a more evening look, I use a contour brush to sculpt out my cheekbones.
For a bronzer that won't break the bank, I have heard a lot of positive review about the Bourjois Bronzing Power below. And, it is supposed to smell like chocolate... not that it is going to change our opinion in any way... This DuWop Bronze Rush has also grabbed my attention, equipped with a bronzer, cheek duo (which I wouldn't mind using on my lips) and a mirror. Perfect to throw in your handbag.



I am all about cream blushes for glowy healthy-looking cheeks. I will be trying out a few from Stila's Convertible Colour, which could also be used for both lips and cheeks. However, it may be a bit too drying for my dry lips, therefore I may just use it as a blush. I have had my eyes on Petunia and Gladiola ever since...



I have always been a fan of the bold lip, but it tends to be a bit too much with a smokey eye... hence of the main reasons why I'm excited for spring. I am gonna try to experiment more with pinks, and this Barry M lip paint in Pretty Pink is perfect to start. Not too sheen, not too intense, it is perfect for a laid-back look. Whereas this Lord & Berry beauty in Secret Garden takes the bold lip to a whole new level. Will surely keep this one when I am feeling a little bit more daring. I am also exciting to try out Rimmel's new range, Moisture Renew. For someone who loves their red lip with an orangey tone, In Love with Ginger is the perfect spring colour.

Although I said this spring is going to be all about cheeks and lips, we cannot completely forget the eyes. However, it is going to be really basic. A bit of white shadow over the lid up to the brow bone, and maybe a swipe of the pinkish shade at the bottom right corner from Rimmel's Pinkadilly Circus palette ought to do it. The darker shades could be used for a more evening look. Finish off with Rimmel's Scandaleyes Khol in Nude in the waterline and these natural Katy Perry eyelashes.


4 comments:

  1. few more beautiful things, I love everything. Thank you. have new follower.

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I like the product. you would like to follow each other? I and I follow you

    http://abarajando.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete